We keep telling my Dad to open a “BBQ Chicken” restaurant…
…or at least a stand on the side of the road.
The line would go cross country.
Yes, it is that delicious.
He would be a millionaire.
Since we can’t convince him to do it anytime soon, we decided to reveal the recipe on my blog.
This is 110% THE best BBQ chicken you will ever eat.
Ever. Ever. Ever.
Make it tonight.
So…I present to you….
Dad’s “Above the Norm” BBQ Chicken Recipe
Serving Size: 6-8 people (recipe can be cut in half)
2 Cups of Natural or Organic (Free of High Fructose Corn Syrup)Heinz Ketchup (My Dad swears by Heinz)
1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
4 Cloves of Garlic
4-5 lbs of boneless chicken thighs
1. Measure out 2 cups of ketchup. Add 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
4. Boil a pot of water (enough to cover the chicken) with the minced garlic cloves.
5. Once the water is boiling, add the chicken and simmer (parboil) for about 20 minutes.
6. Remove the chicken when they are “almost” done (still slightly pink in the middle).
You can also put frozen thighs directly into the pot (This will obviously take a little longer to boil).
They don’t look too appealing during this step, as you can see below. …But don’t worry, you are getting closer to heaven.
(Note: You parboil the chicken before you grill to maintain the moisture, juiciness, and also avoid burning and drying out the BBQ sauce).
7. Pour the homemade BBQ sauce over the hot chicken. It is best to marinate the chicken (in the fridge) overnight. However, if you want to make this recipe tonight, marinate for at least 30 minutes.
8. After marinating, preheat your grill to a medium heat. Once the grill is ready, throw on your chicken. Brush the extra BBQ sauce onto the chicken- saving some for the other side.
9. After 8-10 minutes, or when the chicken has good grill marks, flip the chicken. Brush on the rest of the sauce.
10. Cook for another 10 minutes, then plate it up, and get messy!
This will be the juiciest, tastiest BBQ chicken you have ever had in your life. I promise.
Cheers to the best chicken you will ever eat.
As always, a recipe full of fresh, recognizable ingredients.