If you are bored with the typical “salad”, try spicing it up… caprese style! You probably are familiar with this as an appetizer…which is delicious and light.
Another idea is to add it to some greens and make it a salad!
Bed of greens (optional)
4-5 Fresh Roma Tomatoes
A Bunch of Fresh Basil
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese ball
Coarse Sea Salt
1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp Olive Oil or Mom’s Homemade Garden Dressing
1. Lay a desired amount of greens on a plate.
2. Slice the roma tomatoes (as many as desired), and scatter them on the plate.
3. Slice the mozz and place on top of the tomatoes.
4. Add basil leaves to each tomato.
5. Drizzle olive oil and vinegar (or desired amount of Mom’s Homemade Dressing)
A light, yet rich in flavor… appetizer, lunch or snack.
Cheers and happy evolving!