The Brussels Sprouts Recipe that will make you fall in love with Brussels Sprouts.
I never really enjoyed the thought of brussels sprouts. I never even tried them before! They just get a bad rap. Brussels Sprouts. Ew.
So, I decided to be SO daring one day… and purchase a bunch of sprouts!
Now I am in love and want B.Sprouts every single day of the week!
The roasting of the sprouts really gives them a great texture. It cooks the outside leaves to a delightful crispiness. The gentle flavor of the olive oil, salt, and pepper help the sprout flavor to shine! (If you choose, the red pepper flakes add a nice spice.)
1 package of brussels sprouts (approx. 1-1.5 lbs)
3 tbsps olive oil
1/2 tsp salt (more or less to taste)
pepper to taste
1 tbsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Rinse the sprouts.
3. Chop off the brown ends and remove any yellow leaves.
4. Mix olive oil, red pepper, black pepper, and salt in a bowl.
5. Add sprouts to bowl and coat them with the olive oil mixture.
5. Place the sprouts on a baking sheet and bake for 30-45 minutes (shaking the pan every 15 minutes for even cooking).
6. Enjoy crispy, delicious healthy sprouts!