I love pancakes. and I love quinoa.
I woke up the other day, wanted pancakes, and had leftover quinoa in the fridge.
I married the two and created a friendship to last forever.
I love.love.love. the little bites of quinoa throughout the pancake. They add a gentle “nutty” flavor that complements the blueberries so well.
The perfect saturday pancake.
1/4 cup of quinoa (previously cooked)
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup oatmeal
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
1. Mix the cooked quinoa, whole wheat flour, oatmeal, baking soda, and cinnamon.
2. Add the wet ingredients, stirring just until mixed. It is very important not to over-stir!
3. Pour approx. 1/4 cup of batter per pancake.
4. Flip when it is the color of preference (I prefer a light golden brown).
5. Do the same for the other side. Serve and eat a delicious, wholesome pancake!
These pancakes are quick, easy, delicious, and the perfect way to use your leftover quinoa!
Cheers and happy evolving!
And happy wedding weekend to a great friend, Nicole! Off to see the beautiful bride get married tomorrow.
Talk to you all again on Monday!