Bring on the fall weather. The fall decor. The fall foods!
The epitome of fall.
This is an amazing, easy salad to throw together as the main entree or as a side!
The acorn squash provides a delicious, comforting warmth and smoothness. The dried cranberries add a great sweetness, leaving you satisfied, not even wanting dressing.
The coconut flakes and sliced almonds give this warm salad an awesome crunch.
The beauty of it all? Make it your own! Choose any sort of toppings or fillings that you would like!
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
1 acorn squash
1 tsp olive oil
1 cup spinach (torn into smaller pieces)
Optional toppings (feel free to make your own):
1 tbsp dried cranberries
1 tbsp sliced almonds
1 tsp coconut flakes
Feta or goat cheese crumbles
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash and cut the acorn squash. Scoop out the seeds.
3. Line a baking sheet with foil. Drizzle 1 tsp olive oil on the foil. Place the halves face down.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
5. Add any sort of salad greens and toppings you would like!
6. Pack up the other half for lunch!
So easy and delicious!
Cheers and happy evolving!