Another apple recipe for you 🙂
No sugar added! This recipe uses the natural sweetness of the apples.
Full of flavor, moisture, crunch, and…fall 🙂
(I keep the apple slices larger in order to really taste the flavor of the apple and get the nice crunch. I was VERY happy when I saw honey-crisp apples making their appearance in stores…. 🙂 Feel free to chop up the apple as big or small as you wish!)
Ingredients (servings: approx. 10 pancakes)
1.5 cups Whole Wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup apple sauce
1 cup almond milk
2 tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds-optional)
1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
1 apple sliced
`1 tsp vanilla
1 apple, sliced
1. Mix dry ingredients.
2. Mix wet ingredients.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir together (not shown). Let sit for 3-5 minutes while you peel and slice your apple.
4. Fold in apple slices, pumpkin seeds, and chia seeds.
5. Cook until golden brown. Then flip.
6. Have a taste mid-way through 🙂
7. Cook up some eggs, and enjoy these delicious apple pancakes with a balanced, nutritious breakfast!
8. And…my favorite…scoop on some greek yogurt AND apple butter 🙂
Cheers and happy evolving!