My passion for recipe creating, clean eating, and blogging…combined with a busy work schedule….makes for a jam-packed day. The only solution?…a food processor of course. 🙂
After talking about one for a few months, I came home from work one day to an awesome surprise from the hubs!
This food processor is now the object of my affection.
Last night, I made three different recipes that “required” a food processor.
This delicious spicy hummus recipe was one of them!
This recipe is based off of the hummus recipe in the “Cuisinart Recipe book”…I just tweaked it a little.
Perhaps the best hummus you will ever eat in your life.
2 cans chickpeas
2 small garlic cloves
2 tbsp tahini
Juice from 1 lemon
5 tbsp water
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1.5 tbsp olive oil
1. Put chickpeas, garlic, lemon, tahini, water, and salt into a food processor.
2. Mix for 60 seconds. Then add cayenne and crushed red pepper.
3. Blend for another 60 seconds. Then, while the food processor is blending, add the olive oil. Blend for approx. 3 minutes.
4. Pour into a serving dish and sprinkle with cayenne, crushed red pepper, and olive oil.
5. And if you are really feeling brave, make this AMAZING homemade pita recipe to serve with this delicious hummus.
I was proud of the height I got on this pita 🙂
Eat with carrots or add it to your salad!
Cheers and happy evolving!!