the best pizza i’ve ever eaten.
pizza has a bad rep thanks to the local pizza delivery places.
every fresh, delicious ingredient that should belong on a pizza today has been removed and replaced with processed, jarred, canned ingredients. Triple the size of what pizzas should be, and add in the 15 pounds of cheese…and you get a meal that is…. not too great for you (to say the least).
don’t get me wrong. sometimes a dominoes pizza is necessary. just don’t expect that pizza to taste anything like the one below. next time you are thinking ordering delivery…try this recipe first 🙂
pizzas made right (fresh and with minimally processed ingredients!) aren’t bad for you. add in a salad with a homemade pizza…and you have a very balanced meal.
1 packet of dry active yeast (approx. 2 tsp)
1.5 – 2 cups flour
2/3 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
3/4 tbsp salt
1 tsp honey
3/4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Mix the yeast and honey with the warm water. Allow the yeast mixture to sit for 3-5 minutes (enough time for bubbles to form).
2. Add flour (start with 1.5 cups) and salt to the food processor.
3. Add the yeast mixture while the food processor is blending.
4. Allow dough to spin until it cleans the bowl and naturally rolls into a ball. If it doesn’t happen within a minute, add more flour.
5. Once the ball has formed, mix for 60 more seconds.
6. Then coat a bowl with olive oil and roll the dough ball in the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for at least 30 minutes. Will double in size.
7. When ready, cut into 2-4 balls. Preheat oven to 500 degrees (with baking sheet in oven). Coat flat surface with flour and roll out dough to desired thickness. Place dough on preheated baking sheet.
8. Bake rolled dough (no toppings added) at 500 degrees for 2-3 minutes.
9. Remove from oven. Add pizza toppings. Place back in oven and back for an additional 3-5 minutes.
10. Ta-da! Guaranteed to be the best pizza you have ever eaten!!
All fresh, organic ingredients. Doesn’t get any better than that!
Stay tuned for homemade pizza sauce that is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!
Cheers and happy evolving!!