The easiest, most delicious little treasures ever.
Each popover is so light and airy. Great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
There are numerous popover recipes out there. Each one I have made has been delicious. This recipe I was very please with…it came from the book that I am most recently obsessed with “Baking with Julia.“
My next goal is to make them with whole wheat flour.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
1/2 tsp salt
3 large eggs, at room temperature (I was pressed for time and used cold eggs…they turned out fine)
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted (we didn’t have unsalted, so I used salted butter…all was well)
1. Put rack on lowest rung of oven. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter 10-12 muffin cups (I used two pans for better air circulation…however, I have also used one pan before and they have turned out great either way).
2. Pour all ingredients in bowl and mix until smooth (my batter was still slightly lumpy, but I didn’t want to over mix).
3. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the muffin cups.
4. Bake for 25 minutes (without opening the oven door!)
5. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 5-20 minutes (depending on oven). Remove when they are golden brown, as pictured below.
6. Enjoy a WONDERFUL treat 🙂 These are unlike any biscuit/bread you will ever eat! Simple and delicious!
Apple butter season 🙂
Cheers and happy evolving!