An easy, fun, and delicious homemade whole wheat tortilla recipe! If you are feeling really crazy, use cookie cutters to cut out the tortillas into fun shapes!
Recipe adapted from here.
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup- 3/4 cup warm water
1. Put the whole wheat flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Stir.
2. Add olive oil.
3. Mix as well as you can (will look like pic below).
4. Add the warm water, 1/8 cup at a time, mixing with a spoon (and eventually your hands), until you can form a ball.
5. Knead the ball about 15-20 times. Let this ball rest for 15 minutes.
6. Form 8-12 balls (depending on desired size).
7. Roll the balls out on a floured surface.
8. Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Place the tortilla on the un-greased skillet.
9. Cook on each side until brown and/or bubbles form (about 2-3 minutes…the longer the crispier!).
10. Enjoy a delicious, homemade tortilla- this recipe is great because it is easy, quick, and requires very little ingredients!
Cheers and happy evolving!