Bring on the beautiful crisp weather, the leaves full of beautiful, bursting colors, and most importantly, pumpkin flavored foods! 🙂
I was craving oatmeal cookies and pumpkin. So, the two united in my kitchen to form the following recipe!
Here’s to fall!
Ingredients (makes about 15 cookies- double the recipe for more deliciousness!):
1.5 cups old fashion rolled oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
1/2 tbsp vanilla
3/8 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries (optional-I didn’t add them to my recipe)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the oatmeal, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice.
2. Mix the eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
4. Add the pecan pieces and coconut oil. Mix.
5. Spoon onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
6. Cook for 15-25 minutes.