Good evening! I am loving this fall weather!! Hope you all had a great weekend and Columbus Day Holiday! As always, thanks for the awesome participation. You all rock!
The challenge for the week is to do 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week this week. Even a 30 minute walk will do- just make sure to get your heart rate up (safely, of course!).
A great tip? It really works well to plan ahead! This means bringing your workout with your, or even writing a time in on your calendar. When you schedule a workout during your day, the chances of it happening are a lot higher!
Why should you exercise? (directly from my health and fitness views page!)
1. Helps prevent disease– Working out reduces the risk of high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis, etc. Cancer survivors are told to begin (or continue) working out to help avoid the return of tumors. It has also been known to improve your appearance and delay the aging process.
2. Strengthens and tones- When you look good, you feel good, right? And when you feel good, you look good. They go hand in hand! When you workout, you are developing your muscles, bones, and ligaments that increase your strength, sexy muscle definitions, and even posture!
3. Enhances flexibility- Stretching and some exercises helps reduce the chances of injury, improves balance and coordination, and relieves muscle tension by loosening muscles.
4. Improves endurance- When you workout, your body becomes more energy efficient- training your body to use less energy so you won’t feel as tired during the day. It also results in a low, healthy, resting heart rate.
5. Controls weight- burning cals!
And in my opinion, the most important:
6- Improves the overall quality of your life! Great stress reliever, mood booster, and can even help you sleep better!
remember your two options for your evolution challenge:
A is the easiest. Pick and choose as you go. B is the path to the prize.
A) Read the post and put the suggested practice into action! Pick the ones you want to use and ignore the ones you don’t!
If you would like to participate for the “final prize” you will need to start racking up the points through your use of…
“likes. shares. posts”
B) 1.”like” (+1) the “Basal Challenge” of the week on facebook to encourage others to try it as well.
2. “share” (+1) the “Basal Challenge” of the week on facebook to encourage others to try it as well.
3. post a picture (+1) and a few words (+1) about your “challenge” experience (on facebook). For example, if the challenge was to “cook more vegetables for dinner this week,” a picture of your dinner plate that has “more vegetables” and a brief summary would count as +2! Individually, a picture or a few words is +1 a piece. You CAN post multiple pictures and/or descriptions during the week (i.e. one weekly challenge can earn you more than 4 points if you post multiple pictures for one challenge. Be sure to relate each picture to the challenge in some way).
If you don’t want to post on facebook, an email with a few words about the challenge (to firstname.lastname@example.org) will be fine and count (+1), as well!
Option B confirms that you participated in the challenge and helps spread the news to others.
The person that liked, shared, and posted the most challenges…and ultimately has the most points… will win “the prize!”
Cheers and happy evolving!
What is the “Basal Evolution” challenge? Find out here.