A new take on collards- a great fall recipe with dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and a splash of balsamic vinegar!
Adapted from the Kind Diet.
1 bunch collard greens
2 Tbs Pine Nuts + 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
1 Tbs Olive Oil
3 Tbs dried cranberries
2 Tbs Balsamic vinegar
1. Cut the stem from the middle. Wash the collards.
2. Toast the pine nuts and pumpkin seeds on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
3. Remove the nut mixture. Add olive oil and garlic to pan. Saute for 1 min.
4. Add the greens (still damp from the wash). Stir the greens with the garlic mixture- cover and cook for 2-3 min.
5. Add the nuts and the dried cranberries. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Stir in the balsamic vinegar. Cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Enjoy a delicious side! The balsamic vinegar and dried cranberries really add a great flavor to the collards- the pine nuts and pumpkin seeds add protein, omega-3s, and a great crunch!