My new favorite chili. By far, one of the easiest and most delicious chili recipes ever!
The perfect meal to curl up with next to the fire place. A bowl full of everything wonderful for you!
This recipe was also modified from the Kind Diet (great book!)
1 onion, roughly diced
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp curry
1 eggplant, cubed into 1 inch pieces
1 can chickpeas, rinsed
1 can Amy’s Chili
1 can diced tomatoes
1 bunch of cilantro
1. Roughly chop the onions.
2. Add the onions, garlic, cumin, and curry into a large saute pan.
3. Cook for 5 minutes, until onions are soft.
4. While the onions are cooking, peel and dice the eggplant.
5. After onions are soft, add the eggplant to the onion/spice mixture and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Add the diced tomatoes, chick peas, and chili.
7. Simmer for 20 minutes.
8. Serve on a bed of lettuce or in a bowl. Add fresh cilantro!
I highly recommend this recipe~! The curry, cumin, and chili all combine to create rich, delicious fall flavors!
Cheers and happy evolving!