The perfect side to any soup (Vegetarian and Vegan).
Delicious, quick, and easy!
The jalapeno adds a great kick!
Ingredients: 6-8 Servings
1 cup unbleaches white bread flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmean
1/2 cup masa harina (usually sold at all grocery stores, in the latino isle. I highly recommend purchasing a bag and keeping it in your fridge. A GREAT and SUPER SIMPLE way to make homemade corn tortillas)
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup + 1 tbsp water
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tbsp maple syrup (or honey/agave)
3 tbsp finely chopped scallion/green onions, white and green parts
4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
3/4 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch cast-iron skillet, 9-inch pie pan, or 8-inch-square baking dish.
2. Stir the flour, cornmeal, masa harina, and baking powder in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the water, oil, maple syrup, scallion, jalapeno, and salt.
4. Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Mix slowly and just until everything is combined. Do not overmix!
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes (until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean).
6. Cool pan 15 minutes before serving.
Goes great with the Rosemary White Bean Soup!