So I am sort of obsessed with thai food. I love the flavors, the spice, the crunch, everything. You can’t go wrong with a great thai dish. Until recently, I have made very few thai dishes at home. They seem so long, complicated, and well…different.
Last week I made an awesome pad thai, this week, I decided to switch it up to Thai Quinoa.
Delicious, easy, and fun to make as it is totally different from the typical “American dish!”
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
2/3 cup coconut milk (not necessary to make quinoa, could just follow recipe on package- just adds a nice creaminess)
1 cup water
Pinch of salt
1 red pepper
3 green onions, chopped (easiest to use kitchen scissors!)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 bunch of cilantro, coarsely chopped
1 tsp sriracha (more or less to taste)
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp soy sauce
juice from one lemon or lime
Peanuts (optional topping)
Coconut flakes (optional topping)
1. Bring the water and coconut milk to a boil.
2. Add garlic, salt, and quinoa. Bring to another boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. While quinoa is simmering, cut up red pepper, cilantro, and green onions.
4. Mix the soy sauce, siracha, lime/lemon juice, and sugar in a small bowl.
5. When the quinoa is finished, mix everything together in a large bowl.
6. Top with coconut flakes, peanut, and fresh cilantro.
Cheers and happy evolving!