Super easy recipe for a great banana bread!
Different then your typical banana bread- more “muffin-like” but still delicious!
1 cup of walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped
1.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1.5 cups unbleached all-purpose white bread flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt
2 cups mashed ripe bananas
1 pear (optional)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup olive oil, melted unsalted butter, or coconut oil
4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 4×8 inch loaf pan or 8 inch square baking dish.
2. Spread the walnuts or pecans on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
3. In a large bowl combine the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In another bowl, whisk the bananas, water, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
4. Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Do not over mix a few lumps won’t matter, and you will wind up with a lighter, fluffier bread.
5. Fold in the toasted nuts.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 min-1 hour (depending on oven), or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
7. Cool before serving.
Enjoy a delicious banana quick bread!
Cheers and happy evolving!