The perfect way to warm up! Delicious and full of great veggies and beans!
** I halved this recipe and it still made a LARGE amount for Nick and I- def. will be freezing some!**
1 tbsp olive oil
½ -1 medium onion, chopped (I love onion so I used a whole one)
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chili peppers, drained
2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
1/3 cup chili powder
1 tbsp ground black pepper
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat and stir in the onion, cumin, oregano, and salt. Cook until onion is tender.
2. Mix in the celery, green peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and green chili peppers. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Mix in the tomatoes, and then everything else except for the corn. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 45 minutes.
4. Stir in the corn and cook another 5 minutes.
5. Serve plain, or our favorite, chopped onion, cilantro, and plain greek yogurt!
Cheers and happy evolving!