One of my favorite creamy pasta recipes yet! The original (found in Modern Vegetarian Kitchen Cookbook- which I love) recipe called for creme fraiche, so if you have that available, sub it for the cream and yogurt. Otherwise, the recipe below is a great alternative. The herbs stand out so beautifully among the pasta and cream sauce. Absolutely delicious!
2 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh chives, snipped
1 tsp finely grate lemon zest
1/2 cup half and half
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
Sea Salt and pepper to taste
Grate Parmesan cheese to taste
Sauteed Tofu or cooked Bacon
1. Boil a pot of water (add salt).
2. Cut up all of the necessary ingredients.
3. Add the pasta and set timer as to not overcook.
4. Heat the olive oil in a wide saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
5. Before it browns, add the parsley, basil, chives, and lemon zest.
6. Saute for 30 seconds, then stir in the half and half and yogurt (or creme fraiche). Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add the pasta to the pan and toss to coat.
8. I cut up some tofu and sauteed it in the sauce pan for a few minutes, then threw it on top!
9. Top with Parmesan, tofu or bacon, and fresh basil.
Wonderfully delicious! Cheers and happy evolving!