I love sweet potatoes. Love them! I was craving a salad and a sweet potato this evening… so I looked up some recipes that could blend my cravings. I found this one, gave it a shot, and loved it! The oranges/clementines offer a wonderful burst of juicy flavor and natural sweetness while the pine nuts offer a great nutty flavor and crunch. Every part of this recipe blends so perfectly together it is like one big salad party in your mouth! Enjoy!
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, unpeeled and crushed
1 1/2 pounds peeled sweet potato, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
3 cups orange sections (about 6 oranges)- *I used clementines because they were in the house!
1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
1 (6-ounce) bag pre-washed baby spinach
3 tablespoons fresh orange juice- *again, I used clementine juice!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare first 4 ingredients.
Then mix together in a loaf/cake pan (depending on serving size). I decided to cut this recipe in half, so I used a loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
3. While the taters are baking, prepare the dressing.
4. Cut the red onions.
5. When the sweet potatoes are finished, remove the garlic. Combine orange slices, onions, pine nuts, and spinach in a large bowl.
6. Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad or choose to leave it on the side.
Super simple and delicious!
Cheers and happy evolving!