I was drawn to the Rainbow Swiss chard at Whole Foods this past weekend. It was gorgeous and I’ve never cooked with it before. So I grabbed a bunch of swiss chard and a couple of other items I thought might go well with it. Turned out to be DELICIOUS and full of bursting flavors!
Rainbow Swiss Chard is so beautiful I had to take some pics to display the striking colors and elegance (#nerdalert).
2 bunches of (rainbow) swiss chard
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 lb farfalle
1 package fresh basil, chopped
1 package grape tomatoes, sliced in halves or quarters
1/2 cup goat cheese (more or less to taste)
1/4 cup of pine nuts (optional but delicious)
salt and pepper to taste
optional: vodka sauce
1. Make the pasta according to the directions. Destem, wash, and coarsely chop the rainbow chard.
2. Meanwhile, heat up 1 tbsp olive oil in a large saute pan (will be adding the pasta later). Add the minced garlic. Let cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the rainbow Swiss chard.
4. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring.
5. When the pasta is done, drain and add to the Swiss chard. Mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add the tomatoes, 1/4 cup goat cheese (more or less to taste), half of the basil, and pine nuts. Mix again. Let cook until tomatoes are heated through.
7. Serve and top with more goat cheese (if you’d like) and fresh basil.
*I think this dish is perfect as is. However, if you want, make your own vodka sauce and add it to this dish! My husband loves sauce and loved this meal served that way!
Enjoy a delicious, healthy, and fresh meal!
Cheers and happy evolving!