Found this beautiful recipe on Pinterest from this website. I modified it a little to my liking and was super excited to make it tonight to enjoy it over the next few mornings.
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, divided
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2-3 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
1 cup blueberries or raspberries, fresh or frozen, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
3. Spread half of the sliced bananas in a single layer over the bottom of the baking dish.
4. Top with half of the berries.
5. In a medium bowl, mix the oats, half of the walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
6. In a separate bowl, combine the syrup, milk, egg, butter, and vanilla.
7. Sprinkle 1/2 of the dry oat mixture over the fruit in an even layer.
8. Repeat the banana layer.
9. Add the rest of the dry oat mixture.
10. Pour the liquid ingredients evenly over the oats. Sprinkle the remaining nuts and berries over the top.
11. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the top is browned and the oats have set. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
my sous chef being oh-so-helpful:
Cheers and happy evolving!