Holy delicious. This meal is AMAZING! I modified a recipe I found online to create this masterpiece!
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, minced
2 garlic cloves
salt and pepper
3-4 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 cans black beans (preferably seasoned), drained but not rinsed (if seasoned)
2 teaspons cumin
1 cup chicken or veggie broth
Toppers: sliced avocado, salsa, greek yogurt, lime slices, Cholula splashes, cheese….possibilities are endless!
Ingredients for Rice:
2 cups white rice, salt, 5+ tbsp chopped cilantro, Juice of 1 lime
1. Cook rice (#ricecookerfan) as desired.
If you don’t have a rice cooker, follow these directions:
Bring 2 cups of water and salt to a boil in a saucepan. Add 1 cup of rice, place a lid on top, then turn heat down to medium-low and simmer until rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion. Season with salt and pepper, then saute until soft, about 10 minutes.
3. Add garlic and saute for 30 more seconds, stirring constantly. Add chili powder and cumin then saute for 30 more seconds.
5. When the rice is finished, add cilantro, salt, and lime juice. Stir.
6. To serve, scoop cooked rice into bottom of bowl. Top with beans, sliced avocado, salsa, greek yogurt, cholula, and fresh lime juice.
Serve it up with some homemade corn tortilla chips and enjoy a fiesta in your mouth!
Cheers and happy evolving!