Last night was one of those nights where I decided not to look up, modify, or research any recipes. I just came home, grabbed some veggies, and threw together whatever I had in my fridge and pantry to make this dish. It turned out to be absolutely delicious. It has a wonderful clean and fresh taste- the zucchini and red onions add a wonderfully rich flavor, while the tomatoes and basil bring bursts of freshness.
2 Zucchini, sliced in halve, then quarters
1 bunch of basil, coarsely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 container of grape tomatoes
1 red onion, sliced
1 ball of mozzarella cheese, cubed
1 box rigatoni
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut up required veggies and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
2. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until desired.
3. Boil water and add pasta of choice (I used whatever was in the pantry).
4. While the pasta and veggies are cooking, chop up mozzarella cheese and basil.
5. Once the pasta and veggies are finished, throw everything back into the pasta pot and mix. Save some fresh basil to sprinkle on individual plates.
6. Serve by sprinkling with fresh basil, salt, and pepper.
so simple. so delicious.
cheers and happy evolving!