what is zasta?
since I don’t have one of these amazing devices….(yet….)
I made my own matchstick zasta….
a little time consuming, but really not that bad if you have a mandolin. my zasta turned out beautiful! 🙂 but what can i say, i’m a little bias towards my baby zastas.
this delicious is easy, fresh, and filling! full of great vitamins!
Ingredients (3-4 servings):
2 zucchinis, cut zasta style
1 large can diced tomatoes
1/2 onion, diced
2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp raw sugar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
fresh spinach (optional)
artichoke hearts (optional)
cheese of preference for toppings
1. Saute your garlic in a sauce pan for 2-3 minutes on medium-high heat. Then add your onions.
2. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until tender. Then add sauce and spices.
3. Bring to a boil, then turn on low while you prepare the zucchini.
4. Using a mandolin, slice the zucchini.
5. Once the zukes are sliced horizontally, slice them into matchstick slices.
6. Once the zasta is ready, plate it up with a mixture of beans, artichoke hearts, and sauce. (The sauce will cook the zucchini a little bit if you put it on while it is still hot.) Add fresh basil, feta or goat cheese, or any other toppings of choosing! Enjoy a plate full of fresh, raw veggies!
cheers and happy evolving!