Fresh blackberries and bananas have been in constant supply around my house recently.
So, I decided to throw these two delicious fruits together into a baked oatmeal….figured I couldn’t go wrong.
I was right.
I mixed everything together, threw it in the oven, did a little yoga while it was baking….and voila….fresh blackberry aroma to greet me as I finished up my sun salutation.
super easy. super delicious. super great for left over breakfast.
2 cups oat
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp grated orange or lemon zest
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
2 cups almond milk (or regular)
2 tbsp butter, diced small
1-2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup fresh blackberries
2 overly ripe bananas, sliced
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees. mix the dry ingredients together.
2. grease an 8 x 8 pan and pour in half of the dry mixture.
3. add a layer of bananas and blackberries. then repeat.
4. mix together the wet ingredients.
5. add to the oatmeal mixture.
6. bake for 30-45 minutes (until desired crispiness).
throw a few things through the juicer…
and enjoy your delicious warm, freshly baked oatmeal with an egg and fresh juice!
cheers and happy evolving!