A delicious and completely satisfying meal. I’m gnocchi obsessed. I love how it is subtly firm, yet still melts in your mouth….all at once. A complete anomaly. The sage and mushrooms also bring a deliciously rich, herb flavor to this dish. The best part (as I try to make all of the recipes on here) is that this dish is so quick and easy!
(This recipe was adapted from the back of the gnocchi box.)
1 package of whole wheat gnocchi
1 tbsp butter
3/4-1 cup portobello mushrooms, chopped
2 tbsp sage, chopped
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1 cup chicken or veggie broth
salt and pepper to taste
freshly shaved parmigiano cheese (optional)
1. Melt the butter in a skillet until it is browned (about 3-5 minutes on med-high heat). Begin boiling the water for the gnocchi.
2. While the butter is browning, chop up the mushrooms and onions.
3. When the butter is ready, throw the mushrooms and onions into the skillet. Toss and coat the veggies with the butter.
The pot of water should be boiling at this point…add the gnocchi.
4. Chop up the sage (more or less depending on taste preference).
5. Add the sage and the chicken broth to the skillet. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
6. The gnocchi will float up to the top of the pot when it is finished. This happens pretty quickly…about 3-4 minutes.
7. Drain and then add the gnocchi to the skillet.
8. Mix everything together and let cook through 1-2 more minutes.
9. Plate it up with a salad and asparagus and enjoy a delicious meal!
cheers and happy evolving!