Apparently I am on a seafood kick. Along with the shrimp I picked up yesterday, I grabbed a frozen halibut. I’m not usually one to jump on frozen fish, but this halibut looked delicious, even in the package!
And it was even more delicious, when prepared!
Flaky, yet soooo tender! The blackened spices provide an awesome heat, while the actual fish helps soothe the palate. A great recipe!!
1 tsp fresh or dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp olive oil
1-2 lb halibut
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. To defrost your halibut, run it under cold water or leave it in the fridge the night prior.
2. Pat the halibut dry and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Mix together your spices.
4. Rub the mixture on the halibut. I chose to cover both sides of the fish, but you can choose to do just one if you prefer less spices.
5. Preheat a skillet. Add olive oil, and brown the side(s) with spices. (About 1 minute on each side).
6. Place the halibut on a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
8. Plate it up with some delicious asparagus and a small side salad with goat cheese for a delicious meal!
cheers and happy evolving!