Sometimes the best meals are those that don’t have a recipe at all. Sometimes, that isn’t the case 🙂
Last night, I lucked out.
I had a craving for something light, yet full of flavor. Filling, yet not too heavy. All of the ingredients below were in my pantry and I thought they would complement each other fantastically. They did 🙂
Ingredients (serving size: 2):
1 cup of couscous (measured dry)
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/4 cup- 1/2 cup feta
1-2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
optional: balsamic vinegar
1. Make the couscous according to package directions. While the couscous is cooking, chop up the veggies.
2. Drizzle some olive oil in a skillet and place the mushrooms, gill side down and cover.
3. Add the veggies and feta into the couscous.
4. Stir the veggies and add balsamic and 1 tbsp olive oil, and salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Flip the portobellos. Add some of the couscous mixture to each portobello. Cover and cook until heated through.
6. Plate it up, take it outside, and enjoy this beautiful springtime weather while it lasts!
cheers and happy evolving!